Pages

10 September 2010

Cloth Wipes

If you're cloth diapering, these are a must. Even if you're not, these soft cloths can be used to wipe noses, faces, and sticky little hands. I don't sew, so I originally planned to order some organic cotton flannel and use pinking shears to cut it into cloth wipes and hope that they didn't fray much. Since I've read mixed reviews about whether they actually would fray, I went to Etsy [which just happens to be one of my more recent online addictions] to see what affordable organic options there were.

I'm not going to lie, some of the items I came across were a huge rip-off and others were really ugly. While I am more concerned with function than having really cute butt wipes, I didn't want to get something that I would hate looking at, especially considering how much I'll be using them. I also really wanted to pay less than $1 per wipe and when you add in the organic factor, that really narrows the choices down.

Luckily, I came across these wipes by Milk Made Momma and I sent the owner, Becca, a message to see if she could do a custom order. She [currently] sells them in sets of 8 for $7.98 plus $1.60 shipping. I wanted 40 wipes so she set up a custom listing for $30 and $5 shipping. I got my adorable wipes a few days later and all for about 88 cents each. Bonus: I also received a free sample of her Green Tush baby wipe spray with my order so I can't wait to try that out.


If you can sew, you might have already made your own wipes, but for those who are challenged in that area like I am or would rather let someone else do the hard part, check out this Etsy shop! Becca is very friendly and seems more than willing to accommodate custom orders. I got 8 of each color and design she offers but if you want all one color or design, she can do that as well. Here's a close up of the designs [click on the photo for more detail]:


In case you're wondering, the wipes came to me already extremely soft and just as cute as expected [the hearts and shamrocks are my favorites]. I washed and dried them the other day and have them stacked on the dresser in the baby's room. I cannot wait to use them so I just had to give her a plug because I am so impressed with the price and how they turned out.

By the way, it just dawned on me that a set of these would make [or complete] a fantastic gift for a new or soon-to-be mom. In fact, I'm bookmarking them now as a go-to baby gift for the future. I always try to give something educational and something practical as well so these are a great addition to my list. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment