Pages

15 December 2010

Wipes Warmer

I didn't plan on using a wipes warmer because I think sometimes they can be unnecessary. However, I decided to get one after having an October baby [meaning lots of winter diaper changes coming up] and realizing that it would also help with keeping cloth wipes wet.

I didn't really like using a bottle of water or wipes solution to wet each wipe when I needed to change her so I ordered the Prince Lionheart Warmies Wipes Warmer:
 Prince Lionheart Warmies Wipes Warmer
I can't believe how easy it is to fold the clean wipes, wet them with water, and throw them in to warm for future use. I have 40 flannel wipes that I got from a seller on Etsy [more about them in this post] and they work really well in it. A note: It comes with a spongy "pillow" that you're supposed to keep in the bottom and replace every few months. Well, it started to smell weird and once I threw away the pillow the smell went away.

I also use it when I give Bay a sponge bath every night on her changing pad. I wet two wash cloths and put them straight into the warmer so that by the time I need them they're still warm. I highly recommend it for anyone using cloth wipes and if you use disposable wipes, they have one for that, too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Good! We got the Prince Lion Heart wipes warmer as a shower gift! Good to know it's useful and will come in handy! Just out of curiosity-the pillow/sponge thingy-are you supposed to keep that wet do you know??? The instructions weren't overly clear on that and I wasn't sure! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are supposed to keep it wet -at least that's what I got from the Amazon product reviews- so I re-wet it every few days. Definitely try it out, though, it may work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! We'll soon find out I guess - Our baby is due to arrive on the 23rd so once s/he makes his/her appearence we'll be in for lots of diaper changes! ;)

    ReplyDelete