Pages

11 March 2011

My Current Wishlist

My Biby Tees
Photos from Goop

I am so obsessed with these shirts that I discovered on Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, Goop, the other day. They are made by Nicolle Cannone, a mother of two who wanted an alternative to a traditional bib. As a person who can't stand bibs and has apparently passed that on to my daughter, I was thrilled to find them.

The shirts come in 3 different animals, with short or long sleeves, and are one size that fits 4-12 months. The animal part is made of terry cloth and the ears serve as a sort of napkin-slash-bib for drool, regurgitated milk/ formula [yum!], or food. 

I'm going to order one for Bay [I love the elephant!] but I can't decide if I should get short sleeves or not. They cost $36 each and shipping -at least to my zip code- is $10, eep! I hate to pay for shipping but for these adorable things, I'm pretty sure it's worth it. Here's the link for her Etsy page and her website.

Edited to add: this website is selling the pig and elephant for $36 with $8.95 shipping.

Miroslav Sasek This is Books
This is Paris by M. Sasek
This is London by M. Sasek
This is New York by M. Sasek
This is Rome by M. Sasek
This is San Francisco by M. Sasek
Photos from miroslavsasek.com
 
Miroslav Sasek wrote the first book, This is Paris, in 1959 and it was reissued in 2004. According to his official website, "a three-week vacation in Paris gave Sasek the idea for writing travel books for children, and originally he only intended to produce three books in the series: This is Paris, This is London and This is Rome." There are now 18 titles [at least, that's how many I counted] in the collection and I hope to someday have them all.

I had seen these books before but only really noticed them when I picked up This is London in a store a couple of years ago. They are so cool! The illustrations are very cool and I love that there are books on so many places around the world. It would be an awesome collection of books to have, especially to teach them about other cultures or introduce them to a city before traveling there.


The Write Start
A Guide to Nurturing Writing at Every Stage, from Scribbling to Forming Letters and Writing Stories
 TheWriteStart_01
 I can't wait to get this and someday do the activities with Bay. The author is a pediatric occupational therapist who has compiled a book full of fun ways to help kids develop dexterity and, eventually, learn to write well. 

I found out about the book because I have kept up with The Write Start blog [it's also in the links section on the left] for a while now. I originally bookmarked it because there were some cute crafts but I now appreciate the hard work that the author, Jennifer, puts into improving her kids' writing skills.

If you haven't been to her blog before, I highly recommend taking a look. If you are a teacher, babysitter, or have kids old enough, you should definitely try some of the activities. She even has tips for organizing. Here are some things I can't wait to do:
IMG_2978
Clay conversation hearts

















IMG_7088
"Young Writer's Workshop"
IMG_8742
School valentines
IMG_1012
Alphabet rocks

2 comments:

  1. I love your wishlists.
    Because once you post them they become my wish lists. haha.
    thanks for being my personal shopper. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just had the idea last night so i will try and post them more. sometimes just posting about something i want can help me hold off on buying it for a while.

    oh and i just clicked "follow" on your blog- i love all the pictures and your kids are too cute!

    ReplyDelete