Pages

10 May 2011

Celebrity Birth Announcement: Alicia Silverstone

Alicia Silverstone and her husband Christopher Jarecki welcomed their first baby last Thursday. His name is Bear Blu [really?] Jarecki and he weighed 7 lbs, 15 oz.
Photo here
I guess I shouldn't comment because I have a couple of animal-related names on my list but they're legitimate, established [not to mention family] names. I also don't mind the name Blue if it has meaning so I'll just hope it does for them.

Also, if you like Reese's Peanut Butter cups, you've got to try the ones from Alicia Silverstone's cookbook, The Kind Diet. I actually don't have it yet but I saw her on some show where she made these so I made a batch. I made them not too long after Bay was born and have been meaning to make more lately because they're delicious.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter *I actually found this to be too much
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk *I think I used Almond Dreams
1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts *I skipped these

PREPARATION
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.) Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
7. Top with chopped nuts.
8. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment