Pages

02 May 2011

My First Smocked Auctions Purchase

Bay's first outfits from Smocked Auctions were just delivered this morning! They are so cute and I can't wait for her to be able to wear them [I sized up so they'd fit for a while]. I got her two dresses and one bubble.
Water spots are visible because I had just steamed them
Here are some close-up views:
Classic Whimsy Birthday Dress $39
Bay and her friend Nixon both got this dress so I can't wait to take a picture of both of them together!
Rosalina Pink Check Bubble $29
Royal Child Steamboat Dress $39- My favorite one!
For those who don't know about Smocked Auctions, it's basically a Facebook fan page where they have auctions every Tuesday and Thursday night [and occasionally on the weekends]. The auctions start around 8:30 CST and last about an hour. Earlier in the day, they post preview photos of some of the outfits they will auction that night.

The auction begins when they start posting the photos of all of the items, one at a time. The photo description tells you the price [I've found it's usually about 50% off retail], what sizes are available, and the available quantity of each size. You bid by commenting on the photo of the item you want with the following information:

'Sold'
Your Paypal email address [so they can send your invoice]
The size[s] you want to buy
'OOT' if you don't live in Texas so you don't pay sales tax
Any personalized/ monogram information if applicable

An example bid would be:
sold xixmmx@gmail.com 9m oot "bay"

 Hint: type it all out [minus the monogram info.] then copy and paste when you find something you want

There is more information on their website, including how to bid confidentially. The best part about Smocked Auctions -aside from the excitement of bidding and wondering how many things you won- is that the shipping is free! It's pretty fast, too. Because they sell so many things, it can take up to 2 weeks to ship [or longer for pre-orders] but my order shipped on Saturday and got here the next Monday morning. They send you an email when it ships, too, so you know it's on the way. Warning- it's addicting!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you love your items! We can't wait to see pictures of Bay in her Smocked Auctions goodies. We're in love with that steamboat dress, too. I mean, seriously, how cute does it get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My husband wasn't so sure about the whole Smocked Auctions thing until I showed him that dress and now he loves it... or at least he understands my obsession a little better :)

    ReplyDelete